How To Restore A Suspended Twitter Account
Your twitter account may get unexpectedly suspended for activities, which ‘Twitter’ may deem to be in breach of its policies. The notice bar sitting on the top of the twitter page will announce your suspension and take you to the ‘Suspended Accounts’ page. Sometimes, Twitter may suspend your account to probe into suspicious account hacking or compromising attempts. If you are sure that you haven’t acted in violation of the declared policies, you need to appeal the suspension to have your account restored. You can restore your suspended account by adhering to the below mentioned steps.
- You need to report the problem to the Twitter support team to make them commit attention to the mistake on your part, if you are convinced that you have been wrongfully penalized. The form, as depicted below, needs to be filled in detail. From the drop down box across ‘Regarding’ field, you need to select ‘Suspended account’. Subsequently, describe the problem in detail after a concise ‘Subject’ description. Put in your personal and contact information. Snapshot of the page on which you will land is depicted below.
Always be polite while describing the problem. In the event that you recognize Twitter’s mistake, you should refrain from using profane language else your support ticket will be overlooked by the concerned staff.
- Wait for Twitter management reply after submission of form: Twitter will forward you an automated reply within a day of raising the ticket. The ticket will be sent to the email id, which is registered with Twitter. Keep an eye on the inbox and accordingly tweak the spam filters. The email will be in the format depicted below.
The reply would mention that if the concerned account has been suspended for aggressive following behavior, a separate email would be sent. Double-check the accounts you follow or latch on to every day. There are many apps, which without your knowledge or explicit consent may make your account a follower of selected brands, which may be detected as suspicious by Twitter. Be sure to remove all the Apps, which are no longer used by you.
- Check ticket status in the event you do not get a reply sooner. The ‘Zendesk home’ can be very useful in tracking the status of the submitted ticket. If you have not logged yourself out of the account, the status can be checked in ‘Check your Existing Requests’ tab. The normal message over there would be ‘Ticket being processed’ or ‘Waiting for your reply’. If you are in receipt of ‘Waiting for your reply’ message, it shows that you have missed twitter’s response in your inbox. Check your email immediately as Twitter does not have a replica of email response pasted on this page. Else, if the ticket is in processing stage, the concerned staff has not paid attention to your request yet or is still probing the case.
- Post a reply to their response: Clarify your position to the twitter management. Assure them that you will not participate in any activity or go on the overkill that may trigger a potential suspension in future. Also, seek their response regarding the exact reason which caused the suspension so that the same is not repeated by you after the suspension has been lifted.
- Patiently wait for the response. Twitter may take one or multiple days to respond to your request. Twitter support personnel use nicknames, so do not become skeptical of the received response. If you have not flouted any of the twitter norms, the rep will apologize for the inconvenience caused. The suspension may have occurred inadvertently as automated systems are entrusted with finding and removing multiple automated spam accounts in bulk. Your account might have got caught up in one such drive by mistake. Once the truth is investigated and mistake acknowledged by Twitter reps, your account will be restored to normalcy within an hour or two. The restoration of the actual number of followers and following will take place in the following minutes after lifting of suspension.
- Once the suspension has been cleared off, do make it a point not to aggressively follow other people in future. Twitter bots swing into action once the maximum limit of 2,000 followings limit each day is crossed. Always keep a strong password to ensure that the security of the account is not compromised in any manner. Go through all the apps that access the twitter account on your behalf and abrogate the unnecessary ones.
It will take anywhere between two to five days contingent on the severity of the violation to restore a suspended twitter account. Refrain from being panicky when you spot the suspension of your account. Always maintain your cool and interact with twitter reps in a dignified manner with refined language. You may also consider using your other account to get in touch with twitter reps.